04 Nov Medicinal Cannabis AdVan Campaign in London
This appeal is now closed
Join the campaign for medicinal cannabis on a doctor’s prescription.
Thank you to everyone who donated to phase I of this appeal. After deduction of Indiegogo commission all contributions have been put straight back into phase II.
Please contribute whatever you can. Every fiver, every pound, every dollar, every euro makes a difference.
Despite overwhelming evidence, the UK government still insists that cannabis has “no medicinal value”. Present policy is corrupt, scientifically illiterate and deeply cruel.
Every year, thousands of medicinal users are persecuted for using cannabis. Often it is the only medicine that helps with chronic pain, fibromyalgia, MS, Crohn’s disease, epilepsy, depression and a range of conditions related to aging. It is also used to mitigate the side effects of chemotherapy and HIV/Aids treatments.
Norman Baker MP (Liberal Democrats), who resigned from the Home Office due to the Conservatives’ refusal to reform drugs policy, called for the legalisation of medicinal cannabis after meeting members of CLEAR.
In the United States, 25 states have legalised medicinal cannabis and countries as diverse as Israel, Switzerland, Chile and Spain have active medicinal cannabis programs.
It is time to end the unjust treatment of people who genuinely need cannabis to improve their health. The AdVan campaign is designed to make people aware of this injustice and to add to the growing pressure on government to address this issue.
Campaign target and goal
- Reaching our target of £3,500 will allow us to hire an AdVan for a week in Central London to display the above message during the peak pre-Christmas shopping period.
- Any funds raised beyond our target will allow us to run the campaign for longer and therefore our message reaching more people.
- By raising the funds from the public, we are making it clear to politicians that this is something that voters support.
- Many people aren’t aware of the medicinal uses of cannabis and we hope to change that through this campaign.
- We hope the media will pick up on this campaign and give it the prominence it deserves
Risks & Challenges
- Ideally we want to exceed our target so we can run the campaign for longer
Other Ways You Can Help
- Join CLEAR at http://clearmembers-uk.org
- Visit and ‘like’ our Facebook page
- Follow us on Twitter @CLEARUK
- Use the Indiegogo share tools to spread the message of our AdVan campaign