08 Sep Sarah Martin Represents The Leading Edge Of Cannabis Medicine In Britain
Sarah Martin, a legend in the British cannabis campaign and a CLEAR member, is speaking at the International Association For Cannabinoid Medicines (IACM) conference on Saturday, 10th September 2011.
This is the 6th IACM Conference on Cannabinoids in Medicine and the 5th European Workshop on Cannabinoid Research. It is taking place in Bonn, Germany. Details here.
GW Pharmaceuticals is also playing a major role in the conference. What is clear though is that one brave individual, motivated by her own illness, offers far more value than Big Pharma with its government-sanctioned monopoly and misinformation campaign around Sativex. While Sarah risks her freedom, GW’s directors socialise with government ministers.
Sarah is presenting a paper on the potential of cannabis oil for the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS). This is one of the most significant contributions ever made in advancing cannabis as medicine in a fully accredited, scientific context . We should all be bursting with pride at what Sarah has achieved.
CLEAR is also a member of the IACM. It was founded in March 2000 and its aim is to advance knowledge on cannabis, cannabinoids, the endocannabinoid system, and related topics especially with regard to their therapeutic potential. This includes:
- Support for research into cannabis products and the endocannabinoid system;
- Promotion of exchange of information between researchers, health care practitioners, patients and the public;
- Preparation and dissemination of reliable information on the pharmacology, toxicology and therapeutic potential of cannabis and modulators of the endocannabinoid system;
- Monitoring and documentation of national and international developments with respect to cannabinoid therapeutics;
- Co-operation with other organisations and associations sharing the mission and goals of the IACM
- A declaration of the right of doctors to be able to discuss the medicinal use of cannabis with their patients.
The truth about cannabis is clear and no one is doing more to advance it than Sarah Martin. We salute her.